Kaitlyn Malec, MPA
Assistant Quality and Planning Coordinator
Kaitlyn has 2 years’ worth of experience in the HIV/AIDS field, primarily focused on Clinical Quality Management. Areas of expertise include:
- Keen focus on community and consumers (PLWH)
- Development of Recipient and Sub-Recipient policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Ryan White legislation
- QM/Planning Program including gathering community input; meeting with consultants, subrecipients, people with HIV, planning bodies, and other stakeholders involved in QM/Planning activities; developing quality and planning reports and planning documents; and identifying ways to improve health outcomes by understanding community needs and challenges.
- Conducting ongoing chart abstractions and desktop monitoring, utilizing an established tool to ensure federal and state performance measures and quality indicators are met.
- Advising subrecipient agencies in the collection and dissemination of patient satisfaction surveys and data for all funded services.
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration with other local, state, and federal organizations, actively working to identify and recruit agencies to deliver Ryan White/Ending the HIV Epidemic services and entering into community partnerships.
- Collaborating and engaging with government, private industry, non-profits, and residents to seek public input on community needs and challenges.
- Designing and researching planning documents based on community input and client needs.
- Preparing and scoring Requests for Proposals, Requests for Bids, and Requests for Quotes.
- Planning and development of grant-related deliverables including the Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan, needs assessments, and work plans to ensure progress towards ending the HIV epidemic.
- Developing and conducting consumer focus groups to identify program priorities and needs.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing federal grant programs.
- Master of Public Administration
- CQII: Beginner Learning Lab
- CQII: Train Our Trainers
- Promise for HIP
- HIV Navigation in Texas (HNT)
- Trauma Informed Care Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Email: [email protected]